HunterMaclean, Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce, UGA Small Business Development Center, and College of Coastal Georgia invite all Chamber members to Legal Lunch & Learn: Employment Law for Businesses of Any Size.
Date: Tuesday, October 6th
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce, 1505 Richmond St., Brunswick, GA 31520
No matter how many employees you have, you have employment issues. Come lunch and learn with Wade Herring, one of Georgia’s foremost attorneys on employment law. Practical advice you can take home with you, served with a dash of humor. Wade will address questions such as:
- What are proper hiring criteria?
- Are background checks okay?
- How do I comply with wage/hour rules? Are these changing?
- Why do I need an employee handbook? What should be in it?
- Should I worry about unemployment claims?
- How does gay marriage affect my business?
- Why does documentation matter?
- How do I legally discharge an employee?
. . . and more!