On Monday, June 13, Harold Yellin will be part of Emergent Savannah’s ongoing series “Monday Means Community” at the Sentient Bean. Mary Landers will moderate a discussion with Harold, Tom Thomson (Executive Director of the MPC), Kevin Klinkenberg (Executive Director of the SDRA), and Ryan Madson (Professor of Architecture and Urban Design). The discussion will look at the six corridors primed for development and the role of the citizen in the process, and ask what pressures and opportunities Savannah’s built environment faces and how that relates to the overall vision for Savannah. The event starts at 7:00 pm, arrive early for a seat.
If you can’t attend but are interested in the program, it will be live streamed on Periscope. Follow @Hunter_Maclean or search #MyPlaceSAV. The broadcast will be available on Periscope for 24 hours.
Never used Periscope? Instructions are below the flyer.
To watch on Periscope on your phone:
Links to download the Apple and Android apps are at the Periscope website: https://www.periscope.tv/
Periscope is owned by Twitter, and if you are on Twitter, it is very easy to log in. If you are not, you can log in using your phone number. (Instructions for that are below.)
To watch on a computer:
at http://periscopeviewer.com/ Search for @Hunter_Maclean or #MyPlaceSAV
To watch on your phone without a Twitter account:
Download the app.
- Once you’re on the login screen, tap Sign Up with Phone Number.
- Enter the required info and tap Send Confirmation Code.
- You’ll receive an SMS with your confirmation code. Pop that in the prompt.
- If you have problems, tap Resend Confirmation Code.
- You’ll go back to the login screen, wait for a few, and then you’ll be redirected to create your profile.
- Once you are logged in, tape the GLOBE icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the magnifying glass in the top left
- Search for @Hunter_Maclean or #MyPlaceSAV