Atlanta Magazine recently named 11 HunterMaclean attorneys as Georgia Super Lawyers in its March 2008 issue. The prestigious Georgia Super Lawyers honor is given annually to the top five percent of attorneys in the state, as chosen by their peers and through independent research by Law & Politics, a magazine which published the first list of Super Lawyers 17 years ago.
HunterMaclean’s attorneys were selected after ballots were sent to Georgia lawyers who have been licensed in the state for five years or more. Listed in the Georgia Super Lawyers 2008 publication as well as in a special edition of Atlanta Magazine, the attorneys are organized by their primary areas of practice.
HunterMaclean attorneys recognized as Georgia Super Lawyers include:
- Janet A. Shirley – Estate Planning & Probate
- LeeAnn W. Aldridge – Real Estate Law
- Andrew H. Ernst – Environmental Law
- T. Mills Fleming – Health care Law
- Robert S. Glenn, Jr. – Transportation / Maritime Law
- Wade W. Herring II – Employment & Labor Law
- Frank S. Macgill – Estate Planning & Probate
- Christopher W. Phillips – Construction Litigation
- W. Brooks Stillwell III – Real Estate Law
- John M. Tatum – Business Litigation
- Harold B. Yellin – Real Estate Law
Each year, Law & Politics sends a ballot to the active lawyers in a given state or region who have been in practice five years or more. The ballot asks lawyers to nominate the best attorneys they have personally observed in action. The intent is to discourage votes based purely on reputation.
Lawyers may nominate others in their firm, but only if they nominate an equal or greater number of attorneys from other firms. Each vote a candidate receives carries a point total, with votes from lawyers outside the nominee’s firm weighted greater than votes from within the firm.
Super Lawyers candidates are then grouped by firm size and by region. The top candidates from each group are selected to form a final list that comprises approximately five percent of the total number of lawyers in the market. The Super Lawyers list includes private practice attorneys as well as public prosecutors, in-house counsel and public service lawyers.