Presented at the 2016 ALFA International Construction Practice Group Seminar on July 29, 2016, in Rancho Palos Verdes, California. Sarah H. Lamar participated as a panelist.
The panel discussed the following issues:
- The availability of skilled labor on construction job sites throughout the country
- Challenges arising out of a shrinking workforce
- Workforce issues involved when undocumented workers are brought onto the construction site
- Immigration legislation, both enacted and proposed, that currently apply to the construction workforce in America
- Whether or not greater immigration will assure a sufficient workforce to support the construction industry in coming years
- Specific measures currently under consideration that may offer particular promise for the construction industry