SAVANNAH, Ga. – Fifteen attorneys at HunterMaclean, a leading business law firm with offices in Savannah and Brunswick, were recently honored as 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
The prestigious Georgia Super Lawyer honor is awarded annually to the top five percent of attorneys in the state. Recipients are chosen based on independent research, peer recognition and professional achievement. Atlanta magazine honors the firm’s lawyers in the March 2014 issue.
The following HunterMaclean attorneys were recognized as 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers:
- Mills Fleming – Health Care
- Wade Herring – Employment & Labor
- Shawn Kachmar – Employment & Labor
- Dennis Keene – Personal Injury Defense: Products
- Frank S. Macgill – Tax Law
- Kirby Mason – Business Litigation
- Chris Phillips – Construction Litigation
- Janet Shirley – Estate and Probate
- John Tatum – Business Litigation
- Harold Yellin – Real Estate
- Arnold Young – Civil Litigation Defense
The Rising Star award is presented to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state who meet the same criteria as Super Lawyers. Rising Stars are either 40 years old or younger or have been in practice 10 or fewer years.
This year, four HunterMaclean attorneys were designated as 2014 Rising Stars:
- David Burkoff – Business Litigation
- Brad Harmon – Business Litigation
- Nick Laybourn – Business Litigation
- Edgar Smith – Transportation/Maritime
“HunterMaclean is honored that so many of our attorneys have been recognized for their professional achievement, both by their peers and by independent research,” said Frank S. Macgill, HunterMaclean’s managing partner. “We’re pleased to have our outstanding attorneys recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.”
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.