HunterMaclean, a leading business law firm with offices in Savannah and Brunswick, was recently honored with the selection of ten HunterMaclean attorneys as 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers and five attorneys as 2016 Rising Stars.
The prestigious Super Lawyers honor is awarded annually, representing the top five percent of attorneys from throughout each state in the nation. Those recognized with this distinct honor are selected based upon independent research, professional achievements, and peer review. Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are featured in the February issue of Atlanta Magazine.
The following HunterMaclean attorneys were recognized as 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers:
- Mills Fleming – Health Care
- Wade W. Herring, II – Employment & Labor
- Shawn A. Kachmar – Employment & Labor
- Frank S. Macgill – Tax Law
- Kirby G. Mason – Business Litigation
- Colin A. McRae – Transportation/Maritime
- Christopher W. Phillips – Construction Litigation
- John M. Tatum – Business Litigation
- Harold B. Yellin – Real Estate
- Arnold C. Young – Civil Litigation Defense
Georgia Rising Stars are selected based upon the same criteria as Super Lawyers but include individuals who are 40 years old or younger or have been in practice for less than ten years. This honor is presented to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state. HunterMaclean Rising Stars include:
- David M. Burkoff – Business Litigation
- Rachel Young Fields – Business Litigation
- Bradley M. Harmon – Business Litigation
- Nicholas J. Laybourn – Business Litigation
- Edgar M. Smith – Transportation/Maritime
Super Lawyers identifies attorneys from more than 70 practice areas who have achieved distinction in the practice of law. Honorees included in Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are also featured in Super Lawyers Magazine, which is published in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. and reaches more than 13 million readers.