Partner Milton L. Petersen will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast titled: “Third Party Relationships: Risk Management and Contract Compliance” on April 11, 2013 from 12:00pm – 2:00pm (ET).
In an effort to survive in a globally competitive environment, many companies are now increasingly utilizing third-party business relationships. While third-party business relationships are perceived to be a way for revenue optimization and cost reduction, in the real world this may not be so. Vendors’ failures to perform as contractually required, as well as corruption and illegal activities by vendors, are not only often costly for companies but also make them more susceptible to regulatory sanctions. It is critical that businesses constantly police their third-party contractual relationships and always have a complete understanding of the risks present in their third-party vendor relationships.
The Knowledge Group is assembling a panel of distinguished experts to discuss the risks involved in third-party relationships. The panel will offer insights on how to effectively manage vendor risks and ensure contract compliance. In a two-hour live webcast, our speakers will explore the significant topics in this area, including:
- Regulatory Concerns for Third-Party Relationships (FCPA, UK Bribery Act, OFAC, CISADA etc..)
- Risk Audit and Assessment of Vendors
- Important Factors to Consider in Contract Negotiation
- Development of Effective Monitoring Systems and Training Programs for Third-Party Contract Compliance
- Best Practices for Risk Management and Contract Compliance
- And much more.