Thirteen attorneys at HunterMaclean, a leading business law firm with offices in Savannah and Brunswick, were recently honored as 2015 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
The prestigious Georgia Super Lawyer honor is awarded annually to the top five percent of attorneys in the state. Recipients are chosen based on independent research, peer review and professional achievement. Atlanta Magazine honors the lawyers in the February 2015 issue.
The following HunterMaclean attorneys were recognized as 2015 Georgia Super Lawyers:
- Mills Fleming – Health Care
- Wade W. Herring, II – Employment & Labor
- Shawn A. Kachmar – Employment & Labor
- Frank S. Macgill – Tax Law
- Kirby G. Mason – Business Litigation
- Christopher W. Phillips – Construction Litigation
- John M. Tatum – Business Litigation
- Harold B. Yellin – Real Estate
- Arnold C. Young – Civil Litigation Defense
The Rising Star award is presented to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state who meet the same criteria as Super Lawyers. Rising Stars are either 40 years old or younger or have been in practice 10 or fewer years.
This year, four HunterMaclean attorneys were designated as 2015 Rising Stars:
- David M. Burkoff – Business Litigation
- Bradley M. Harmon – Business Litigation
- Nicholas J. Laybourn – Business Litigation
- Edgar M. Smith – Transportation/Maritime
“Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are elite recognitions, and we are pleased that so many of HunterMaclean’s exceptional attorneys were honored,” said Frank S. Macgill, HunterMaclean’s managing partner.
Super Lawyers is a rating service that identifies outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.