In partnership with Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce and UGA Small Business Development Center
This seminar is designed to provide business owners and HR professionals with straightforward information to help them manage the legal aspects of their greatest resource—their employees. HunterMaclean attorney Sarah H. Lamar will address questions such as:
– What are proper hiring criteria?
– How do I comply with wage/hour rules?
– Why do I need an employee handbook? What should be in it?
– Should I worry about unemployment claims?
– Why does documentation matter?
– How do I legally discharge an employee?
– And more
Sarah Lamar has practiced in the area of employment law for over 20 years. She works statewide, representing businesses of all sizes in employment issues.
Thursday, March 5, 2015
11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce, 1505 Richmond St., Brunswick, GA 31520
Sarah H. Lamar, HunterMaclean
There is no charge to attend, but attendance is limited to 50. To register, contact Christy Carter at email@example.com at the Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce.