June 9, 2020
In this episode of The Future of Resolution Podcast by Miles Mediation & Arbitration, Christopher “Smitty” Smith moderates a discussion with employment lawyers Sarah Lamar and Wade Herring about the challenges employers face with bringing their employees back to work during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to his practice at HunterMaclean, Smitty is a neutral with Miles Mediation & Arbitration.
This episode explores the following:
- Boosted unemployment compensation benefits and the incentive to return to work
- Employees fearful about their health and the health of vulnerable members of their families
- How the U.S. Department of Labor might define “good cause” to quit work and maintain benefits
- Partial unemployment benefits converted unemployment claims and the responsibility for filing
- The Family First Coronavirus Response Act and its application
- The potential liability of allowing employees under executive quarantine orders to return to work
- Navigating evolving guidance from various state and federal agencies
- What is a reasonable accommodation under the ADA
- How work from home may change the employment landscape for the foreseeable future
“Ready to Play But Are We Ready to Work?” is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Soundcloud. This podcast is the latest in a series of episodes by Miles Mediation & Arbitration that features thought leaders in Georgia’s legal community and beyond.
September 2, 2022
Francesca Macchiaverna is a partner at HunterMaclean. In this video for Savannah CEO, she talks about the Firm’s community involvement and her work with the Coastal Heritage Society.
August 22, 2022
Francesca Macchiaverna is a partner at HunterMaclean. In this video for Savannah CEO, she talks about her practice dealing with foreclosures and workouts, mostly for commercial businesses.
July 27, 2022
Francesca Macchiaverna is an attorney with HunterMaclean. Her primary practice is representing creditors in bankruptcy cases and pursuing claims against creditors by debtors.
February 24, 2022
In this video for Savannah CEO, HunterMaclean partner Allan Galis talks about the negative impact COVID-19 has had on brick & mortar retailers and retail’s post-pandemic future.
January 21, 2022
In this video for Savannah CEO, HunterMaclean partner Allan Galis talks about challenges that COVID-19 has created for local restaurants and what helped certain restaurants in the area survive the…