April 17, 2020
Marjorie Young, CEO of Carriage Trade Publications, invited employment attorney Wade Herring to speak as a guest on her YouTube video series, “Open for Business.” During their discussion, which streamed live on April 17, 2020, Marjorie asked Wade to explain the employment law issues surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and what small business owners can do to survive this crisis.
Three tips for the small business owner:
- Your number one priority is keep your business intact.
- Your thinking needs to adapt for at least the next two years.
- The law informs your decisions, but your business mission comes first.
Three things that small business owners need to know:
- Unemployment benefits are relatively generous right now.
- Wage/hour laws and all the other employment laws still apply.
- Business owners and managers have broad discretion to act.
April 15, 2021
January’s changing of the guard in Washington means new (and some familiar) ideas about workplace laws and regulations. This presentation by Sarah H. Lamar for SHRM Savannah highlighted the changes…
August 20, 2020
HunterMaclean teamed up with Sterling Seacrest Partners, Ad Specialty Services, and Infinity, Inc. for a panel discussion about the impacts of COVID-19 on information technology. The webinar took place via…
May 28, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTf35McUKqA HunterMaclean attorneys Christopher “Smitty” Smith and Sarah Lamar joined Brett Godwin, Chief Operating Officer of Sterling Seacrest Partners, and Suzanne Kirk, owner of Employee Development Strategies, Inc., for a…