HunterMaclean’s intellectual property practice group provides comprehensive legal and business counsel on a wide range of intellectual property issues.
Our team works closely with large national companies, small businesses, and newly formed corporations in multiple industries, including software, health care, retail, manufacturing, construction, financial, institutional, entertainment, nonprofit, and others.
Our trial attorneys prosecute and defend against actions for infringement, from the TRO stage through trial. They also represent clients in trademark disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Our transactional attorneys work with clients to license rights to patents, trademarks, and copyrights, from both the licensor and licensee perspectives. We also work with our clients to develop strategies to optimize the use of their intellectual property resources across multiple media platforms.
Our services include:
- Representing clients in patent, trademark, and copyright infringement litigation.
- Assisting clients in protecting intellectual property assets developed by employees through appropriate policies and procedures.
- Filing copyright applications for various works of authorship including software and multimedia works.
- Filing and prosecuting trademark, servicemark, and trade dress applications on the state, national, and international levels.
- Drafting confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements for use in employment, consulting, and vendor-customer relationships.
- Representing clients in domain name disputes under trademark law and the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.
- Drafting and negotiating software license and services agreements.
- Managing and maintaining clients’ trademark portfolios.
- Drafting and responding to cease and desist letters.
- Drafting and negotiating trademark, copyright, and patent licenses and assignments.