HunterMaclean’s corporate law practice group represents clients in securities transactions, private equity and venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, and business and asset dispositions.
From intellectual property disputes to immigration issues and health care challenges to business transactions, the Firm’s corporate law team has the experience and the knowledge to help a diverse array of corporate clients meet their individual goals.
We have the resources to provide ancillary support for transactions in antitrust, employee benefits, environmental, government contracts, intellectual property, labor, real estate, regulatory, and tax matters. The corporate law team offers insight and expert counsel to help clients in a wide range of business and professional areas.
Our business lawyers have substantial experience in representing many types of businesses as their outside general counsel. We have many clients for whom we provide a wide range of business legal counseling services, including the following:
- Advising senior management, as well as corporate directors, on corporate governance and strategic planning issues, including buy-sell agreements and disputes with minority shareholders.
- Counseling clients on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, tax strategy, and other corporate and securities issues.
- Negotiating and drafting employment contracts and employee benefit packages for senior management and other employees.
- Conducting independent reviews of corporate actions, such as the handling of sensitive employment and environmental compliance issues.
- Negotiating contracts and closing business and financial transactions.
- Counseling senior management on how to resolve major disputes utilizing negotiation, mediation, or arbitration as an alternative to litigation.
- Aggressively litigating to advance our client’s interests, while not losing sight of the client’s real business objectives.
- Marshaling all of the resources of our 50+ lawyers, our two offices, and our network of other attorneys around the world to advance the client’s overall business objectives.
Business Succession Planning
For most family and closely held businesses, planning for business succession can be a difficult challenge. Succession planning can, however, provide an opportunity to create a multi-generational business that embraces the core philosophy and principles of the founder long after he or she leaves.
Mergers & Acquisitions
HunterMaclean’s mergers and acquisitions practice group has represented clients in a wide range of industries over the years.
Tax-exempt organizations such as public charities, churches, schools, museums, and health care organizations form an important sector of our economy with billions of dollars in assets. HunterMaclean’s tax attorneys understand the distinct business and tax issues that nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations face in carrying out their missions.