HunterMaclean’s affordable housing practice group represents developers in a variety of affordable and conventional housing transactions.
Our attorneys have experience in affordable and public housing acquisitions, rehabilitation, and development. We have closed transactions using a variety of financing vehicles including:
- Federal and state low-income housing tax credits
- HOPE VI funds and other mixed finance sources
- Tax-exempt multifamily housing revenue bonds
- HOME funds
- FHA/HUD loan programs (e.g., 221(d)(4), 221(d)(3), and 202 programs)
- Equity syndications
- Conventional financing (including acquisition, bridge, construction, and permanent financing)
We have assisted developers in all aspects of the development and development financing process, including but not limited to the following:
- Structuring and forming corporate entities and joint ventures
- Real estate acquisition
- Negotiation of debt and equity financing documents
- Assistance in applying for tax credits
We have assisted developers in redevelopment projects involving public housing authorities and the redevelopment of public housing projects, including but not limited to the negotiation of ground lease transactions and the conversion of public housing units under HUD’s Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.